ABOUT CHRIST ACADEMY INSTITUTE OF LAW
Christ Academy Institute of Law (CAIL) is a prominent law school located in Bengaluru and is affiliated to the Karnataka State Law University (KSLU). CAIL aims at molding leaders who are intellectually, spiritually and morally upright and who will strive for the cause of justice, truth and peace. Under the management of the Carmalites of Mary Immaculate (CMI) priests and guided by India’s core constitutional values, the curriculum at CAIL aims to deliver socially engaged legal education meeting the highest global academic and professional standards. It directly engages with social challenges, especially evaluating and responding to the legal dimensions of globalization and its impact. Five-year B.A. LL.B., B.B.A. LL.B. and B.Com. LL.B. programmes are offered from a 33- acre lush green campus located at the outskirts of Bengaluru. The admission process at CAIL is guided by the principles of social inclusion and diversity.
THE MOOT COURT COMMITTEE
Christ Academy Institute of Law, Bengaluru is proud to host its 3rd National Moot Court Competition. The Moot Court Committee at CAIL, is a vibrant student-run body which envisages legal professionals with a sound base in law along with the necessary legal skills which would help the legal systemin India deliver justice to the common man.
The 1st CAIL National Moot Court Competition was held online from 25 to 27 June, 2021 and witnessed a total of 40 teams competing for the top honours while they presented their case on the theme “Access to online education amidst the COVID-19 pandemic”. Total cash prizes worth Rs.75,000/- were given to the meritorious participants.
The 2nd CAIL National Moot Court Competition was held in two phases. The Preliminary rounds were conducted online on 7 August, 2022 while the Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals and Final rounds on 3 and 4 September, 2022 at CAIL campus. A total of 30 teams competed for the top honours while presenting their arguments on “Environmental law and Constitutional Law’. Total cash prize of worth Rs. 80,000/- were given to the meritorious participants.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
We are delighted to organize this competition in collaboration with Food Yard as our Food Partner which is a small startup run by the CAIAS students in the Christ Academy campus established in the year of 2023 and LawInternships (The Online Law School) as our Media Partner which is a recognised startup by Startup India and Government of India which shall extensively provide educational services.
The moot problem for this edition is based on cyber laws vis-a-vis Artificial Intelligence and criminal laws. The Competition is open to all students, enrolled bona-fide on a regular basis in an undergraduate law course conducted by any recognized Institution/College/University.
- Last Date for Provisional Registration: 8th May, 2023.
- Last date of Registration for the Competition – 29th May, 2023.
- Last date for Memorial Submission – 10th June, 2023.
MODE OF THE COMPETITION
- Preliminary and Quarter Final Rounds: Online.
- Semi-finals and Final Round: Offline.
OFFICIAL INVITATION, RULEBOOK, AND MOOT PROPOSITION
- The Drive Link to the Moot Proposition, Brochure and the Rulebook: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QOTi0rkZnH2yo6orqOybxP6J6tHW0wlF?usp=sharing
- PROVISIONAL REGISTRATION
- The provisional registration must be done by filling up the application form: https://forms.gle/RrtNvaypVB64NMBN9
- Kindly direct all correspondence related to the competition to email@example.com.
- FINAL REGISTRATION
- The final registration must be completed on or before 29 May, 2023 by payment of Rs.4,000/- per team along with a bonafide letter from their moot court Faculty Coordinator/Dean/Principal with the details of the participating team to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 IST.
- The registration fee must be paid to the following account with the account details:
Name of the Beneficiary: CHRIST ACADEMY INSTITUTE OF LAW
Bank Name: South Indian Bank
Account No: 0841053000000588
IFSC Code: SIBL0000841
PRIZES AND AWARDS
The rewards for the participants stand as follows-
- Winners: Cash prize of INR 50,000/-
- Runner-Up: Cash prize of INR 20,000/-
- The Best Memorial Award: Cash prize of INR 5000/-.
- The Best Speaker Award: Cash prize of INR 5000/-.
Additionally, the participants will be awarded with a Certificate of Participation and also internships will be provided by LawInternships to the winners.
For any query, you may kindly send your mail correspondence to email@example.com or contact us on the below-mentioned numbers –
For General & Registration Details
- Ms. Ridhima Karol (+91-7018222398)
- Ms. Ruhani Thukral (+91-8077533220)
For Public Research Affairs & Memorials
- Ms. Khushi Punia (+91-8307191552)
- Ms. Annanya Singhal (+91-7351160001)
For Travel & Accomodation
- Mr. Elvis Joshy (+91-6362120294)
- Ms. Advika Dwivedi (+91-7241111859)