This NorthCap University Moot Court Competition edition, Gurugram sets out the case of a country located in the peninsular region. In the last one decade the country has witnessed growing population and need for parallel growth in urban infrastructure, owing to which the State and Municipal authorities started promoting high rise residential buildings in their north-western province. In furtherance to the idea of sustainable infrastructure growth, the authorities started providing different economic incentives and tax benefits to promote private builders and construction firms to generate new residential plans.
The nation emerged as a global leader and committed to a responsible usage of natural resources in the coming years. Additionally, the country, revamped its the legal structure and functionaries to equip the machinery with efficient training in order to recreate the administration sensitive towards a sustainable growth along with economic development.
This slow yet steady movement over the years led to an aware citizenry asking for their rights through writ petitions and other legal tools for efficient usage of natural resources and environmental rights. It also eventually started to question the role of private players functioning entirely on a profit base in nexus with corrupt state authorities.
Details of NorthCap University
The NorthCap University (NCU), is promoted by the Educate India Society that was founded in 1996.Previously an engineering and management college(ITM), the institute gained the status of a State Private university in 2009, under Act No. 25/2009 by the Legislature of the State of Haryana and accorded UGC approval under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act 1956.
NCU rebranded itself on 31 August 2015 vide Haryana Government Ordinance No. 2 of 2015, followed by a UGC notification dated 26 August 2015. NCU is a single-campus university located in Sector 23-A, Gurugram, Haryana. It has been accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) 2016-2021.
Date and Venue
The NCU Law School National Moot Court Competition (VIII Edition) (hereinafter referred as NMCC) shall be held on 14th & 15th April, 2023 at The NorthCap University, Huda, Sector 23A, Gurugram, Haryana
- Law schools/Colleges/Institutes/Universities, recognized by the Bar Council of India, are eligible to participate in the NMCC. The participants should currently be pursuing their Bachelor’s degree in law i.e., Three-Year or Five-Year Law Courses. Students who have completed their law courses are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
- Only one team can register from a particular law school/College/ Institute/University to participate in the NMCC.
- Only those members designated as Speakers will be permitted to put forth oral arguments in the Competition.
- The language of the competition shall be English.
- Participants are required to adhere to the following dress code during the competition:
- Ladies: White shirt, black trousers/skirts, black tie/Indian formals (black and white), black coat and black shoes.
- Gentlemen: White Shirt, black trousers, black tie along with black coat and black shoes.
- Strict adherence to the dress code is solicited. Failure will result in disqualification.
- All Memorials must be in English, and must be printed single side on A4 size paper, with equal margins of at least 1 inch on all sides. 5.10. The text font should be Times New Roman,Size 12 for the main body, and Times New Roman, size 10 for the footnotes.
- The main body must be in 1.5 line spacing. The footnotes may be in single line spacing. 5.13. Memorial shall not exceed 35 pages in all. Arguments shall not exceed 25 pages.
Registration & Accommodation Process
- Teams are supposed to complete provisional registration by 18th March, 2023 by sending soft copy of registration form at “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- Registration should be done within the due date. Participating teams will receive a confirmation of their participation by via e-mail on 22nd March, 2023 (Soft copy).
- The selected teams are required to submit a soft copy of the Registration Form, Travel Form and Demand Draft of participation fee of Rs. 4000/- (Rupees Four Thousand Only) drawn in favour of “THE NORTHCAP UNIVERSITY” payable at Gurugram/New Delhi on or before 31st March, 2023.
- The students requiring accommodation have to pay Rs. 1,500/- (Rupees One Thousand Five Hundred Only) per team per day (including all food and travel i.e. from the Accommodation to the University and vice-versa only on the dates of competition). The said amount shall be paid directly to the hotel via scanning QR Code provided by the Moot Court Committee by 10th April, 2023.
- The participants are required to send the Registration form, Travel form and hardcopy of Demand Draft via post latest by 10th April, 2023 addressed to:
Dr. Pallavi Bajpai, Senior Assistant Professor, School of Law, The NorthCap University, HUDA Sector 23-A, Gurugram, Haryana-122017 Ph: 0124 2365811-13
- Winning Team Award: Cash Prize of Rs. 15,000/- Along with Winner’sTrophy
- Runners up Team Award: Cash Prize of Rs. 10,000/- Along with Runner’s-Up Trophy
- Best Mooter Male: Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000/- Along with memento
- Best Mooter Female: Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000/- Along with memento
- Best Memorial: Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000/- Along with memento
Dates to Remember
- Last Date for Provisional Registration (Registration form): 18th March, 2023
- Communication of confirmation to selected teams: 22nd March, 2023
- Last Date for receiving questions seeking clarifications: 28th March, 2023
- Last date for soft copy of Demand Draft, Travel Details and Registration Form: 31st March, 2023
- Release of clarifications, if any: 3rd April, 2023
- Last Date for submission of soft copy of memorials: 6th April, 2023 by 11:59 PM
- Last Date for submission of Hardcopy of Memorials (5 Copy each side), cover page of memorial for Petitioner shall be in Blue and for Respondent in Red, Demand Draft, Travel form & Registration Form: 10th April, 2023
- Inaugural Ceremony, Draw of Lots and Exchange of Memorials: 14th April, 2023
- Preliminary Round: 14th April, 2023
- Draw of Lots and Quarter Finals: 14th April, 2023
- Draw of Lots and Semi Finals: 14th April, 2023
- Finals: 15th April, 2023
- Valedictory Ceremony: 15th April, 2023
For Brochure, Click here:-
For Moot Problem, Click here:-
For Registration form, Click here:-
For Rules and regulations, Click here:-
For Accommodation Form, Click here:-
For more information,Contact:-
Ms. Tanu Mehta
( STUDENT CORE- COMMUNICATIONS AND REGISTRATIONS)
Mobile No. +91 9971791974