INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT LAW
The Intellectual Property Rights Online Course has been introduced with the objective to provide a platform for candidates to gain practical knowledge about Intellectual Property Rights and its importance for innovation and growth of businesses and the economy as a whole. Intellectual property protection also acquires a significant International Law dimension with the adoption of important international treaties such as TRIPS, GATT, Madrid Protocol, PCT etc. Further, the course provides inclusive knowledge about IPRs, its role in the R&D sector towards evolution and development of Science and Technology and elaborates on the emerging trends in the legal, technical and business issues associated to the IP field.
The modules also deal with introductions to Patents, Copyrights, Trademarks, Designs, Geographical Indications, TKDL, Plant Breeder’s Rights (PBR), Plant Variety Rights (PVR) and Trade Secrets. The course will be include Live Online Classes and Doubt Clearing sessions. Participants will be provided Free digital access to study materials. The course has limited seats so as enable the professionals to pay attention to each and every student during the entire course this will Help to learn more and better. 60+ hours of live sessions (recordings will be available for those who miss attending live sessions). Assessment will be based on comprehensive evaluation Scheme. Which will include one Final Examination of all the prescribed modules tentative details of which has been provided below. In case of Any dispute regarding grading criteria Organising Committee Law Internships Will have the Final decision. Online exams can not be taken as per your convenience Dates Are not Subject to Change. Certificates will be provided module wise; in case student is not enrolled in full course and opted for more than one module, that one certificate will be contain all the module names.
- Pinak Mitra is a Partner and specializes in cases dealing with economic offences, corporate frauds, banking matters, family and matrimonial disputes, arbitration and mediation, intellectual property disputes, cyber law, consumer disputes, medico-legal cases, Insolvency and Bankruptcy issues.
- Anjan Datta is a partner based in Delhi office of the firm and focusses on litigation, arbitration, mediation and advisory work.
- Subhanwita Ghosh is a Partner based in Kolkata Office and law graduate from the esteemed Calcutta University and her practice extends to appearing in all matters in the High Court at Calcutta
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of the course the students shall:
- Exhibit comprehensive knowledge regarding the general principles of IPR, Concept and Theories, Criticisms of Intellectual Property Rights, International Regime Relating to IPR
- Exhibit an understanding regarding Indian position of the Patent Law (1970), Historical development, Procedure for granting a patent, Infringement.
- Exhibit an ability to comprehend Indian position of the Copyright Law, 1957, Historical background and Development of Copyright Law, Infringement.
- Have knowledge regarding Indian position of the Trademark Act, 1999, Historical development of the concept of trademark and trademark law, Registration of trademark, Infringement of trademark.
- Have comprehensive knowledge to the students regarding the effect of IPR especially of patents on emerging issues like public health, climate, Domain Name Disputes and Cyber squatting, Bio piracy etc. and the ways to tackle this problem.
This IPR Online Course has been introduced with the objective to provide a platform for candidates to gain practical knowledge about Intellectual Property Rights and its importance for innovation and growth of a businesses and the economy as a whole. We offer certification on successful completion of the course which will add value to your resume and enhance your profile
MODULE-I PRINCIPLES OF IPR AND FUTURE ASPECTS OF IPR
MODULE-II PATENT LAW AND EMERGING ISSUES AND PRACTICES
MODULE-III TRADEMARK LAW AND PRACTICES
MODULE-IV COPYRIGHT LAW AND PRACTICES
MODULE-V DESIGN LAW AND GEOGRAPHICAL INDICATIONS
- An internal test will be conducted after the completion of each module. The test will be based on MCQ pattern.
- An external test will be conducted after the completion of the whole course.
- Fees- Per Module- INR 1200
- Whole Course- INR 5000 (all 5 modules) Inclusive Of Examination Fee
- 60 HOURS Course ( 60 Days Maximum)
- 2-3 weeks maximum for per module course
Grade Reports and Certificates will be provided to all the students and Awards will be Given to Top 3 Merit Holders. Essential and recommended reading materials, as per this Module shall also be uploaded along with the lecture notes on the website Relevant case laws shall also be provided.